Australian Awards Scholarships 2023 provide international students with the opportunity to undertake Undergraduate (Bachelor), Postgraduate (Master, and Ph.D.) Degree Programs are eligible for the Australia Awards Scholarship. enabling them to achieve their career goals and develop strong global networks.
Australia Awards offers both Australian Government funding and partner university funding to eligible applicants who are accepted into an approved course of study in Australia. Find out more about Australia Awards Scholarships in this guide!
|Deadline: 29th April 2023
|Scholarship by: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
|Course Starts: 2023
|Category: Fully Funded
|Course Level: Bachelors, Masters & PhD
The Australian Awards are prestigious international scholarships that can be used to fund both full and part-time study within Australia as well as in more than 100 other countries around the world including the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Canada, and the United States. These awards are open to all Australian citizens who are currently studying outside Australia or who have completed their studies but wish to return to Australia to continue their studies.
These awards are also open to citizens of countries with which Australia has an eligible bilateral agreement. Australians residing in other countries do not need to be intending or current students in order to qualify as candidates for these awards.
You may also visit:
The Australian Awards Scholarship is a prestigious award, that provides an opportunity for international students.
- Should be at least 18 years old on the first of February of the scholarship year
- You must not be an Australian citizen, have permanent residency in Australia, or be applying for a visa to live permanently in Australia.
- At any time during the application, you must not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of someone who holds or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency.
- Should not be a member of the armed forces currently serving.
- Should be able to meet all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs in order to obtain a Student Visa.
- In addition, they must not be currently enrolled in a degree program at any time during the scholarship period;
- They may not have already earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from any university
List of Eligible Countries for this Scholarship
The Australian Awards scholarships are open to citizens of the following countries.
1. Pacific Countries
Also, Pacific countries include: the Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Fiji, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Palau, Samoa and Futuna
2. Asian Countries
Mongolia, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia, India, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Timor-Leste, Vietnam, Nepal, Pakistan, and the Philippines.
3. African Countries
South Africa, Tanzania, Botswana, Madagascar, Malawi, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Zambia, Mauritius, and Mozambique.
4. The Middle East
Benefits of Australian Awards Scholarships 2023
There are different types of scholarships, so it is important to research which one would be the best fit for you. This can be done by checking out the eligibility requirements and what they offer. You should also consider their deadlines as well as how much money they give out.
For example, some will require a student to have a certain GPA or attend specific colleges or universities. You should take time to look through all of your options before deciding on which scholarship you want to apply for.
- Tuition is paid in full.
- Airfare Return Allowance for Travel Tickets and Establishment
- Contribution to Living Expenses: Accommodation, Textbooks, and Study Materials (CLE)
- Overseas Student Health Insurance (OSHC)
- Fees for Pre-Course English (PCE)—If deemed necessary PCE may be available to students for training in-country and/or in Australia.
- Additional academic assistance may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or to improve their academic experience.
Also, for eligible research students, one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia may be available for research awards and Master’s by coursework with a research component where fieldwork is compulsory.
List of Awards Offered
The Australian Awards offer a variety of scholarships to students studying in Australia. The awards are available for international and domestic students who meet the eligibility criteria and cover a range of fields including arts, humanities, social sciences, science, and technology.
The Australian Awards scholarship 2023 application deadline is April 29th, 2023. The application process is simple and takes only a few minutes to complete. Applicants are not required to submit an essay, so there’s no need to worry about how to write a scholarship essay.
How to Apply for Australian Awards Scholarships 2023
- This scholarship is only for Australian citizens and permanent residents.
- To be eligible for this scholarship, you must have a 3.0 GPA or higher and be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree at the University of Melbourne, Monash University, RMIT University, The University of Sydney, or The Australian National University.
- Please note that scholarships are not offered to students studying at the pre-university level or in postgraduate courses.
1- For details visit the Official website of Australian Awards Scholarships 2023: Click Here
2- For information and to select your country: Click Here
3- Finally, to apply and more details: visit the “How to Apply” Section: Here