The main topics that the Islamic world is facing will be covered during the International ILEM Summer School in Turkey in 2023. Researchers, scholars, and artists from all over the world will be gathered through the ILEM platform in order to achieve this goal. This well-known International ILEM Summer School welcomes applications from people with a variety of experiences. Rethinking art and aesthetics in the Islamic World through conceptual, theoretical, and practical methods within a framework of socio-political perspectives will be the focus of this year’s ILEM summer school. Through the lens of tradition or mystical experiences, the summer school will conceptualize Islamic art.
You may also check: the World Bank Junior Professional Associates Program
The IISM 2023 strives to shed light on what lies outside of constrained and prejudiced forms of artistic expression. Two extremes of cultural schizophrenia and acculturation are used to assess the likelihood of generating artistic formulas in middle age. Respecting cultural diversity will help to construct the aesthetic link between the distant past and the future.
You will gain knowledge of the relationship between aesthetic principles and a perception of beauty, which have persisted throughout time and are currently seen in many different forms of art. The various themes, such as innovation, tradition, classical, and timeless knowledge, are examined within the conceptual content. enhancing the theoretical interpretations of Islamic aesthetics in light of a metaphysical basis.
The fully sponsored summer school program will cover the most recent theories on the genesis and substance of Islamic arts within the theoretical discussions. Islamic theories will also be evaluated in light of current problems, such as digitization and the potential for fusing traditional values with modern artistic explanations in accordance with aesthetic ideals.
The treatment of Islamic aesthetics through the lens of social life is further explained by its socio-political consequences. Additionally, it will talk about Islamic arts in relation to important issues like propaganda, cultural diplomacy, enculturation, environmental concerns, and many more.
The following subjects will be covered in the global summer school in 2023: Islamic aesthetics from a Western perspective, the theoretical framework of Islamic aesthetics, the mystical interpretation and Qur’anic roots of Islamic Arts, the perception of beauty, truth, and goodness in Islamic aesthetics, sacred symbolism and geometry in Islamic art, the methodology in Islamic Arts, the critical re-thinking of Ilm-al-Jamal and Ihsan in Islamic Art, the function of art in information transmission, the significance of Islamic art, Islamization of art in the post-colonial world, innovation and conservatism, Islamic arts in the digital age, art in daily life, beauty and pleasure in the consumer world, Islamic art and society, cultural and environmental awareness, Islam and the Clash of Civilizations, art as cultural diplomacy and political legitimacy, aesthetic propaganda around the world, and cultural diversity are some of the topics that have been studied in this regard.
Turkish ILEM International Summer School 2023:
|ILEM Academic Studies Association
|The duration of the summer school is seven days, starting on July 24, 2023, and ending on July 30, 2023.
The following advantages of the International ILEM Summer School in Turkey 2023:
- Regular Meals.
- Transportation costs, social and cultural costs.
- Travelling costs.
- The discussion of the Islamic world’s most pressing problems.
International ILEM Summer School in Turkey 2023 Eligibility Requirements:
- Students in related fields are eligible to apply.
- Young researchers in the relevant discipline may apply.
- Applicants who plan to present a paper are welcome.
- Applicants can come from a variety of backgrounds.
- Any age group is welcome to apply.
- Any person may apply, regardless of their origin, race, or color.
Summer School Topics
- Theoretical Framework of Islamic Aesthetics
- Quranic Roots of Islamic Arts
- Mystical Interpretation of Islamic Arts: Sufi Thought or Perennial Philosophy
- Sacred Geometry and Symbolism in Islamic Art
- Beauty, Truth, and Goodness: Perception of Value in Islamic Aesthetics
- Critical Rethinking of Islamic Art Concepts: “Ilm al-Jamâl” and “Ihsan”
- Islamic Sense of Aesthetics
- Islamic Aesthetics from the Western Perspectives
- Methodology Problem in Islamic Arts
- Role of Art in Knowledge Transmission
- Islamic Aesthetics as an Alternative Way to Knowledge
- The Problem of Meaning in Islamic Arts: Muslim Interpretations of Orientalist Discourses
- The “Islamization” of Art in the Postcolonial World
- Islamic Arts in the Digital Age
- Innovation and Conservatism: Rethinking the Concepts of Tradition and Traditional Art
- The Importance of Art in Daily Life
- Islamic Art and Social Memory
- Aesthetic Dimensions of Acculturation and Culture Production
- Sense of Beauty and Pleasure in the Consumer Society
- Visual Culture and Environment Awareness
- Islamic Arts and Cultural Nationalism
- Islamic Aesthetics in the Context of the Clash of Civilization
- The Art Factor in Cultural Diplomacy
- Art as a Political Legitimacy Instrument
- Cinema: Aesthetic Propaganda on the Global Scene
How do I apply for the ILEM Summer School International 2023?
- The applicants must register for a Congress Management System account.
- Put your suggestion in this system.
- The international ILEM Summer School Scientific Committee will assess the proposals.
- You must upload the entire text of the papers to the Congress Management System if your suggestions are approved.
- Participants will be revealed based on the results of the final assessment.
ILEM Summer School Application Deadline:
Application deadline for the International ILEM Summer School: May 1, 2023, is the deadline for submitting an application.